I made the most delicious Beef Korma last night. I used less water this time to make a more intense flavour. The oxtail or any kind of meat on the bone is so nutritious. Check out this link for a helpful guide of the health benefits of bone broth.
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1.5 tsp ground turmeric
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 green cardamoms, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tbsps fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 200g (0.45 lbs) beef shin shank
- 300g (0.65 lbs) beef tail
- 1 tbsp sugar free beef stock
- 200 ml (6.8 oz.) water
- Freshly ground white and black pepper
- 150 ml (5.0 oz.) double cream
- 7 cherry tomatoes,chopped
- 4 tbsps fresh coriander/cilantro roughly chopped
- Add 100 ml (3.4 oz) water into the slow cooker and turn on high heat.
- Put a medium saucepan over a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the spices and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, to release their flavour, but do not burn.
- Add the garlic, onions and ginger and cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes to coat well in the spices and oil.
- Add the beef shin shank and beef tail for a slight browning.
- Add the water and once it starts boiling pour all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Adjust the slow cooker to low heat and let cook for 6-8 hours.
- For the last hour add the cream, tomatoes and fresh coriander/cilantro.
Serve with (Optional)
Steamed broccoli or cauliflower.