Mexican Lime Pork Carnitas LCHF
I love Mexican flavors. Last night I made 2.2lb or almost 1kg pork shoulder on bone in the slow cooker for 8h on low heat. It came out absolutely delicious. Servings 4.
For Lime Pork Carnitas
- 2 1/2 lbs /1kg pork shoulder on bone with fat
- 1/2 squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
Are you dreaming of experiencing the Greek island’s delicious kitchen? You don’t have to travel that far, you can make this delicious yogurt sauce at home… and it’s low carb. Full recipe → The post Tzatziki appeared first on Diet Doctor.
via Tzatziki — Diet Doctor
I have to share this recipe from the Dietdoctor, Tzatziki can be used to so many dishes.
This low-carb dish, also called Crack slaw, is known for being so delicious it’s addictive! Apart from that, it’s also quick and easy to make. Prepare yourself for a new favorite meal. Full recipe → The post Asian Cabbage Stir-Fry appeared first on Diet Doctor.
via Asian Cabbage Stir-Fry — Diet Doctor
Today I made a 5 min simple but delicious salad with a lot of avocado, lettuce, pomegranate, virgin olive oil and lemon.
My dear visitors brought me “Gustafs korv“. For you who is not reading Swedish please use google translate It’s really a delicacy from my hometown.
I made the most delicious Beef Korma last night. I used less water this time to make a more intense flavour. The oxtail or any kind of meat on the bone is so nutritious. Check out this link for a helpful guide of the health benefits of bone broth.
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1.5 tsp ground turmeric
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 green cardamoms, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tbsps fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 200g (0.45 lbs) beef shin shank
- 300g (0.65 lbs) beef tail
- 1 tbsp sugar free beef stock
- 200 ml (6.8 oz.) water
- Freshly ground white and black pepper
- 150 ml (5.0 oz.) double cream
- 7 cherry tomatoes,chopped
- 4 tbsps fresh coriander/cilantro roughly chopped
- Add 100 ml (3.4 oz) water into the slow cooker and turn on high heat.
- Put a medium saucepan over a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the spices and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, to release their flavour, but do not burn.
- Add the garlic, onions and ginger and cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes to coat well in the spices and oil.
- Add the beef shin shank and beef tail for a slight browning.
- Add the water and once it starts boiling pour all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Adjust the slow cooker to low heat and let cook for 6-8 hours.
- For the last hour add the cream, tomatoes and fresh coriander/cilantro.
Serve with (Optional)
Steamed broccoli or cauliflower.